Saturday 13 July 2013

PALEO GRANOLA

PALEO GRANOLA













This granola/museli is DELICIOUS with some almond milk poured over or with some natural yoghurt.
Enjoy!!!


Ingredients 
2 cups mixed nuts (unsalted)
1 cup dried mixed berries
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup desicated coconut
1 cup coconut flakes
2 Tbs chia seeds
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
6 Tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest 1 orange

Method
1) Add nuts and dried fruits to TMX bowl and chop for a few seconds on Speed 7 (you dont want to make a meal, just smaller chunks of fruit and nuts)

2) Add all other ingredients and mix on Reverse Speed 4 for 20 seconds or until all combined.

3) Line a deep roasting tray with paper and add the mixture to the tray.

4) Place in preheated 165 degree oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring a few times throughout the cooking process to allow wetter pieces to cook.

5) Remove from oven once golden and place in the fridge for approx 30 min.

6) Take out of fridge and crumble into pieces. Place in airtight container and keep in cupboard! Lasts for up to two weeks!



2 comments:

  1. Amy it would be good to know the nutritional info on this recepie. It taste very sweet. I know it's natural sugar but assume on a weight loss diet this might not be the best option. What serving size do you recommend 35g?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Well I'm certainly no nutritionist or expert in the matter but I guess it depends what weightloss journey you are on..if you're doing 100% strict paleo then a scoopful of this a couple of times a week won't effect your weightloss efforts. I recently completed a nutrition challenge through my crossfit gym and lost 6.5 kgs in 8 weeks and made huge improvements in my training by sticking to a strict paleo diet. I did try and steer away from too much sugar so I would have this once a week for brekky with hommmade almond milk to break up my eggs and veg or eggs and meat brekky routine.
    So the short of it- this definitely isnt an everyday breakfast if you're looking to loose weight, unless of course you do intense training each day in which casd you'd be fine.
    Remember the paleo diet itself lends itself to highly active people because of its high amounts of protein and good fats. I find people who try the paleo diet don't see fantastic results if they aren't exercising at the same time. But that's just me and my experiences. Hope this helps! And thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete